[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2012-7: Reassignments for Third Party Internet Access (TPIA) over Cable

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 18 17:56:51 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>> Draft Policy ARIN-2012-7
>> Reassignments for Third Party Internet Access (TPIA) over Cable
>
> I agree with almost all the negative reviews of this policy,
> including that of consul.  However, when the rubber hits
> the road, one sometimes has to hold one's nose, and do
> what needs to be done and choose the lease of the bad
> choices.  I believe this is one of those times.

Then put an expire date on it so that the various parties in this
stinker know up front they're on borrowed time. The rest of us expect
the incumbent cable companies to fix their tech so that it behaves
reasonably.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004