[arin-ppml] Utilization policy is not aggregate

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:53:09 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2012 7:56 AM, "Steven Ryerse" <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I agree with the change. Fairness needs to prevail.
>>

> +1
>
> CB

Also agree.

I do not want to introduce new methods to game the system, but this
seems to me to be Jeffrey Lyon has quite legitimately found an
inadvertent goof in the way the prior policy was written, and the
request and suggestions for how to change the policy seem reasonable
and responsible, of general interest and not just an attempt to game
the system for his own benefit.  I can easily see this affecting many
others.

Scott Leibrand's 4.1.8 / 1 block every 3 months approach also seems
reasonable and responsible.

Perhaps there's a hidden gotcha, but I am not seeing it so far.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com