[arin-ppml] Additional modifications to Section 8.3 related to ASN's and legacy addresses

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 22 11:46:39 EDT 2012

On May 22, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> They are different, that we are sure about. Don't the bankruptcy
> issues surrounding legacy resources demonstrate that?

Martin -

  At present, the same rights and policies are applicable to parties
  in bankruptcy regardless of whether dealing with resources issued
  directly by ARIN or by a predecessor registry. There is still a
  difference in fees but that is that is the predominant difference
  in the registration service agreements (and there is no difference
  in the NRPM.)  A party in bankruptcy can perform specified transfers
  IPv4 number resources to another party, and that is available whether
  they were legacy-issued or otherwise.

  Note - This does not preclude the ARIN community from adopting
  policies specific to legacy resources; that is an option if the
  community feels that such policies would best serve the overall
  mission of fair & technically sound number resource management.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO