[arin-ppml] Encouraging IPv6 Transition (was: Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement)

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon May 14 01:59:02 EDT 2012

On 5/13/12, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
[snip]
> I simply prefer to spend our limited time and policy cycles attempting
> the most effective and efficient methods of meeting the goals
> intended.

That makes sense.    But only if you are proposing doing something
different,  that you can show is  likely to be more effective.

Also working on removing barriers to IPv6 deployment through automatic
allocations is not mutually exclusive  with other efficient means that
may be more effective,   does not detract from their effectiveness.

ARIN can implement multiple changes and methods to encourage IPv6
deployment,  that are more effective together,  than any single change
on its own.

--
-JH