[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-170 Transfer of Number Resources in case Bankruptcy

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 11 09:32:11 EDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 6:09 AM, "Astrodog" <astrodog at gmx.com> wrote:

> I'm curious, in the case of the transfers outlined above, can you
> describe what needs testing was performed and if any of these transfers
> involved continuing to operate the acquired entity's network?

All of these were under NRPM 8.3, and therefore the recipient had to demonstrate operational need sufficient for the resources before transfer.  There is no requirement under NRPM 8.3 for the recipient to operate any of the assets, that is only a requiremet for validating M&A transfers (NRPM 8.2)

> This information makes me believe that we may have a solution searching
> for a problem, with both the original prop-170, and the "safe harbor"
> concept.

Indeterminate at this time, but that is possible.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO