[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-170 Transfer of Number Resources in case of Bankruptcy

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Wed May 9 20:49:38 EDT 2012

Opposed to the concept.

I dont believe it wise to create special policy that adds value to an
"asset" only during bankruptcy procedure.

M-A transfers when bankruptcy liquidates largely intact networks.

Directed transfers when bankrupty liquidates number resources as a
severable asset of value, with the source of that value contained solely
as its status as a row inside the ARIN database, owned by ARIN,
adminsistered according to the policies of its community.

Sooner or later we will have to stand our ground and defend the concept
that the number is not inherently property and the value contained in
the resource is a collection of the community acquiescence to its
uniqueness, and that you cannot legally compel that acquiescence.

That you may sell whatever the parties involved agree to, but only what
you actually own can be conveyed.

Joe