[arin-ppml] ARIN-2012-3: ASN Transfers - Last Call

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed May 9 20:13:25 EDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 10:19 AM, ARIN wrote:

> The ARIN Advisory Council (AC) met on 25 April 2012 and decided to
> send the following draft policy to last call:
>
>  ARIN-2012-3: ASN Transfers

I was asked recently about the number of issued and not presently
advertised ASN's in the ARIN region, and thought it best to reply
publicly so everyone has the same information.

ARIN does not directly monitor ASN usage, but the esteemed
Geoff Huston does at <http://www.potaroo.net/tools/asn32/>

>From that report as of this morning -

   There are 24406 16-bit ASN's assigned to the ARIN region, with
   1099 presently in the regional free pool, 8259 unadvertised in
   BGP, and 15048 advertised in BGP.

FYI,
/John

John Curran