[arin-ppml] Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat May 5 15:36:01 EDT 2012

On May 5, 2012, at 12:06 PM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

>> Simply specify what data you'd like ARIN to request in lieu of customer
>> assignment data, and how to tie that back to address block utilization.
>
> Show me where current policy specifies what data ARIN requests to
> verify claims of dynamic pools and sub /29 assignments and how that
> ties to utilization. I'll model my language on it.

Bill -

ARIN asks for whatever information is necessary to verify
the assignments that have been made from an address
block, as that information is required for verification of the
address block utilization. Per policy, additional allocations
can not be made until existing address block utilization is
verified.

There is no existing language which specifies only certain
information is to be requested in verifying utilization; you
are in uncharted territory.

I believe your revised policy proposal will accomplish some
of what you intended, as under that policy proposal ARIN
would request only redacted information for assignments
which are smaller than /29.  However, if you have any
questions on how this or other policy language will be
implemented, and for sake of expediency over email
discourse, please feel free to call me anytime
(+1 617 512 8095) and I will address any questions
you may have on proposed policy language.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO