[arin-ppml] Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat May 5 09:54:59 EDT 2012

On May 5, 2012, at 8:47 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> Point is, you expect goofy crap like that to be reflected in the
> customer data. If it isn't there then it may be faked. In my opinion,
> though, you can get the same feel from the de-identified data. It's a
> little more effort, but only a little.

Yes, you have asserted that several times, and I believe I understand
your position.

> Heck, you can infer from just the list of plan durations and end
> dates. If there are annual subscriptions but no cluster around
> Christmas and no late-summer dip then something is odd. And you don't
> need the slightest bit of PII to check.

Verification (of address block utilization) via inference is certainly an
innovative approach, and if your policy proposal version 2.0 is adopted,
we will do our best to perform such for address blocks whose utilization
level is significantly based on customers with smaller than /29 reassignments.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO