[arin-ppml] Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 4 18:12:17 EDT 2012

On May 4, 2012, at 5:48 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> I would think that any indirect evidence of a customer's existence
> would support the address utilization claim. A bank statement listing
> deposits and charges. A demonstration of access to the routers implied
> by assignment claims with apparent programming and interface statuses
> that match. A 10q or 10k filing listing customer counts. Really, I
> could go on for paragraphs about what sort of anonymous, indirect data
> could reasonably imply downstreams' existences in the claimed
> quantities.

Bill -

   Most excellent.  That means another option is to write up one or more
   of these items that should be acceptable as evidence of utilization and
   submit as a suggestion into the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion process.

.  As it is, I don't know any alternative documentation that would definitely
   serve as verification of utilization as required by policy, but if the
   community supports one or more of the methods you supply, we're happy to
   proceed accordingly and can provide them as alternatives for verifying need
   to those requesting resources.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran