[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-167 Removal of Renumbering Requirement for Small Multihomers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu May 3 03:12:47 EDT 2012

> Not really true since this renumbering can be done as old equipment dies
> and is cycled out of service.

Not likely in the time frame permitted by the policy being debated.

> Your correct this is an imaginary problem if everyone followed the
> standards.  Unfortunately not everyone does.  It is a real problem.
> But, it is only a real problem to people who aren't following the rules,
> and I don't cotton on to the idea of helping those kinds of people
> make their lives easier.

While I agree with you philosophically, the reality is that there is a difference
when those people are "customers" vs. when they are not.

When they are "customers" you tend to have to make all kinds of accommodations
for whatever they _WANT_ to do regardless of how it fits into your idea of what
is right. Especially when you are a business small enough to be affected by
this policy.

OWen