[arin-ppml] Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed May 2 21:45:41 EDT 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Dmitry Burkov wrote:

> John,
> first of all - I speak just in personal

Understood.

> I worry not about CALEA reqs - which is your (US job - hope you remember it is not for  all your region) - we have
> compareablae - named SORM.

Actually, CALEA is applicable to service providers in
the US, not ARIN as the Internet number registry.

> It is not about it - the issue for me - should be RIR  responsible for end user assignments data?

I do not believe that an RIR should be responsible for
maintaining end-user assignment data, but that is not
what is being discussed.

The question is whether an RIR might have to ask about
end-user assignment data in the process of verifying
utilization of an address block.  At present, there
is no policy in this region which precludes ARIN from
requesting that information if it is felt to be needed
in the process of verifying utilization, and ARIN does
in fact ask for this information as necessary.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO