[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2012-3: ASN Transfers

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Fri Mar 30 12:42:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 11:11:02AM -0400, Tom Vest wrote:
> There are lots of compelling reasons to support ASN transfers,
> depending on what one hopes to accomplish:
[snip]

TV put it better than I could. I'm amused that "legitimate use cases
for transferring ASNs" in the proposal was asserted without example
nor further justification. Nothing compelling has emerged here IMO;
making a market for the sake of making a market smacks of making
'enhanced financial products' out of derivatives.

Opposed.

If there is a fear of hoarded 16bit ASNs, incent return. The question
of 'why ARIN region lags behind in 32bit uptake' deserves separate
detailed attention beyond supposition and anecdotes.

--
         RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE / NewNOG