[arin-ppml] Welcome to the ARIN PPML List (was: WhoWas Service Now in ARIN Online Announcement)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Mar 29 09:26:51 EDT 2012

On Mar 29, 2012, at 9:11 AM, admin at directcolocation.com wrote:

> It was not my intention to provoke such intense response as I do
> understand everyone's responses and appreciate them, as they are all valid
> as I am trying to better understand both sides of the situation.
>
> I was only trying to have so theoretical possibilities as to what the
> original email that started this topic was about.
>
> With this in mind I do not support anything that may negatively impact the
> community and or operators in general, as I am sure we all want, I was
> merely trying to understand the side of what Nicky stared here with this
> topic and have feedback from all of you on the different possibilities.
>
> Obviously I have that now and understand better the reasons the rational
> of the responses all of you have offered.
>
> I am a first time responder on here and did not intend to provoke such
> passionate responses, as I was just trying to get involved, and should
> have chosen a different topic or tried to better understand the service
> before just jumping in.

Donald -

 Welcome to the rather spirited Public Policy Mailing List...  :-)

 Please do not take the responses personally, and I encourage you to
 continue participating as much as desired (with the recognition that
 a thick skin may be helpful on occasion when reading the replies...)
 While the frankness of the replies can make for a raucous discussion,
 they are generally heartfelt by the senders who mean no harm and are
 simply trying to make ARIN and its services as useful as possible to
 the community.

Best wishes and thanks for posting your thoughts on this topic!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN