[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-176 Increase Needs-Based Justification to 60 months on 8.3 Specified Transfers

jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com
Wed Jun 27 14:14:40 EDT 2012

I was encouraged by David and Jeffrey's willingness to explore an
increase in the justification period on specified transfers. I look
forward to further opinion and discussion.

Owen, I’m not certain it’s entirely relevant to reflect upon one’s
own ability to plan for 5 years and then assert that no one else could
possibly do so either.  Nor is it terribly compelling to apply hindsight
as a reason to dismiss future planning.  The majority of interested
buyers we converse with do enjoy 3 to 5 year strategic plans and thus
have interest in acquiring block sizes conducive to meeting components
of those plans.  Will their plans change over five years?  Of course,
but that is nature of business.  Recognizing that internal and external
changes are inevitable is not a reason to dismiss long term planning.
If you are suggesting that we revert back to 12 months based on your
personal perception of what can be justified by each and every ISP and
End-User business in the ARIN region, finding common ground on an
appropriate increase from 24 months is doubtful.

Regards,

Jeff Mehlenbacher
IPv4 Market Group
jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com