[arin-ppml] Revisiting Section 4.4 Micro allocations for C/I

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Jun 27 09:08:00 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2012, at 4:37 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>> Suggested Para 2 edited:
>>
>> ARIN will place an equivalent of a /14 of IPv4 address space in a
>> reserve for Critical Infrastructure, as defined in section 4.4.
>
> Assumes that each gTLD requires a separate /23 to run nameservers.
> (many of them will likely be consolidated on the same servers,
> ala gtld-servers.net containing com+net).

I'm still on the fence but I wonder if someone who can afford to pay..
how much was it again to ICANN? to get a new TLD can't acquire the IP
address block they need for an anycast server system on the open
market.

Still, it seems like some policy correction here may be in order. If
this group depletes the pool (which they seem qualified to do) then it
won't be available for anyone else either.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004