[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in theRegistry (William Herrin)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jun 21 13:15:57 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> Yes, but the exclusive right to use is ill-defined at best. Use requires a
> context.

Hi Owen,

I think you're seeing ambiguity where there is none but if I'm wrong a
future case will surely clarify it. In the mean time I think it
relatively safe to presume the scope at least includes use in networks
touching the public Internet. Do you think the judge intended a more
narrow scope? Is there some part of the debate which hinges on the
judge intending a wider scope?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004