[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jun 20 17:21:55 EDT 2012

On Jun 20, 2012, at 5:07 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Chris Grundemann
> <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You seem to keep repeating this mantra and while I am not a lawyer, I
>> am curious; how does the lack of a contract give one party infinite
>> rights and another no rights?
>
> The Nortel judge ruled that Nortel had exclusive rights to its legacy
> addresses.

Correct, although you omitted: "...only after the sales agreement and
the order were modified to noted the presence of an LRSA between ARIN
and Microsoft for the specified resources"; i.e. the result is not
dispositive as it was the result of consent of all involved.  If you
wish to continue to repeat it as a legal theory, feel free, but folks
ought to know what actually happened as well.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO