[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Jun 19 15:55:59 EDT 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 1:59 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> - Why can't you get them Routed?
>
> My ISP won't route them becasue they are not propoerly assinged by ARIN. Or so they say.
> ARIN is going to take them away unless I sign over to ARIN

Avri -

You should be able to get them routed if they are assigned to you;
I am unaware of any provider which requires legacy resources be put
under any agreement with ARIN before they will route them.  Are you
sure that we're talking about legacy assignments from the Internet
registry and not a provider assignment of space to you?

> This seems coercive to me, and I hate it when governments are coercive.
> I hate it even more when non governments, asserting their own power ,over me are coercive

Agreed, and hence why I'm asking for you to supply
some details about it.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran