[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4Modifications:ASNandlegacyresources

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jun 11 20:48:48 EDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 8:41 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
>  The courtroom confrontation could be avoided by aligning policy with property law.

That would make as lot of sense if property was actually involved, but
as best we can tell, address holders have certain rights to blocks (which
may indeed by transferrable in accordance with policy and hence valuable
as assets of an estate), but those are not the only rights involved as
the community has certain rights with respect to same address blocks.

This also means that the policies set by the community are quite important
in determining how these rights interact with respect to changes in the
registry.

FYI,
/John

John Curran