[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-173 Revisions to M&A Transfer

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:54:24 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Steven Ryerse
<SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:
> I would just throw this out then, how realistic is it really - for ARIN and this Community to try and manage the Internet number resources for the Americas, when the vast majority of the organizations that hold Legacy assignments - are not participating?

Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion?

 > Then I would ask, WHY realistically are they not participating?
Could it be that they don't trust this Community which is made up of a
minority of the organizations utilizing the Internet in the Americas?

I think the ARIN community will ALWAYS be a "minority of the
organizations utilizing the Internet in the Americas"...if a majority
of folk who use the Internet in the ARIN region were on the lists/went
to an ARIN meeting, we would need to hold meeting is large stadia!

>  I can't read their minds but their inaction speaks volumes.

I am not sure you can infer exactly what they are saying, I suspect
they either don't know or are unconcerned as is the case with the vast
majority  "of the organizations utilizing the Internet in the
Americas"

> So my final question then becomes, realistically - what is the prudent course to get them to participate?  That is the course this Community ought to be following.

Not at the cost of abandoning our other obligations in re; stewardship
of resources IMHO.

--
Cheers,

McTim