[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-173 Revisions to M&A Transfer

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jul 20 05:55:41 EDT 2012

On Jul 19, 2012, at 11:22 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:57 PM, John Curran wrote:

  I'm not aware of any policy discussions calling for the reclamation of resources from
  legacy holders.  In fact, such policy discussions are unlikely to be very productive,
  since the legacy registration agreement contractually precludes reclamation from
  legacy resource holders; see <https://www.arin.net/resources/legacy/> for details.

Does the LRSA preclusion apply to holders that have not signed an agreement with ARIN?

Owen -

 I'm not aware of a process by which a contractual term of the LRSA would apply
 to parties who haven't executed it.   I will note, however, that the ARIN Board has
 historically set the same practices with respect to those legacy holders who have
 not signed an LRSA.   Clearly, explicit rights via contract are far more tangible.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO