[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-178 Regional Use of Resources

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Jul 17 13:49:21 EDT 2012

I not only don't support this proposal, but I'll bring a heavy heavy hammer to try and destroy it if it goes farther. This is the worst kind of policy.

I believe that this entire discussion falls under what in another community is called "fandom wank", mostly a "I wouldn't have designed it this way!" discussion.

There are other RIRs.
They have their own policies, and those policies are voted in by their members.
I strongly disagree that ARIN should do anything at all that would allow a member to use ARIN IP space in their region to circumvent their policies.

Absolutely nothing anyone says on this list is going to change my mind. I don't care if they eat babies at that RIR, it's a policy decision there and it's not our job to undermine it.

--
Jo Rhett