[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-177 Revising Section 4.4 C/I Reserved Pool Size (Updated Version)

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Wed Jul 11 12:40:50 EDT 2012

I support both the concept of this policy and the change.  However, I am
concerned with the details of its implementation.

My interruption is that the new version calls for the current text of
4.4 to remain in place until "the equivalent of less than a /8 is left
in ALL inventory" and at that point the new text would be put in the
NRPM and the equilivant of a /15 would be reserved.

I think I would prefer, that the text be updated immediately and the
reservation be implemented at the stated trigger point. I believe the
way to achieve that outcome is to call for immediate implementation and
modify the text to include the trigger.

Thanks

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952