[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - January 2012

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 15:03:20 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Bill Sandiford
<bill at telnetcommunications.com> wrote:
> [...]

Howdy Bill,

Point taken. To clarify, I think the vote was split mostly "along"
industry sector lines. While I found it somewhat odd, I don't have a
solid conclusion to draw from that at this time, but felt it was worth
mentioning.

> I felt the proposal was worthy of further work by the AC and therefore should make it onto the docket.  I'm not so certain that it would have ever made it to the recommended (or even draft) policy stage, but certainly could have used further discussion.

Agreed.

> That was the reason for my vote against the motion to abandon.  It had nothing to do with my industry sector.  I shall note that I have in the past abstained from votes if I felt there was a perceived conflict between my AC duties and my personal/business interests.

Thanks for the addendum, I agree with all of your comments. I hope my
followup helps to clarify my comments a bit.

Best,

-M<