[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jan 24 10:31:57 EST 2012

> And I'm willing to spend the effort writing one and following through
> with it given some reason to believe it won't be Charlie Brown and the
> football from the AC. So far, I have satisfactory assurance from 2 of
> 15 members.

Bill,

I assure you that I give any policy proposal submitted due consideration prior to deciding whether to vote to put it on the docket or abandon it. I do not believe that the AC response to any of your proposals has been Charlie Brown and the Football, so much as a genuine belief that what was proposed lacked community support and/or would not result in an improvement to policy.

I will not promise to vote to put a proposal on the docket prior to seeing the proposal, but, if I believe the proposal has merit, I will vote to put it on the docket regardless of who authored it and/or whether or not I actually support the proposal. A review of my voting record on the AC will reflect this fact. I have voted to put many proposals on the docket that I did not feel represented good policy if I believed there was community support for them. I have also voted to abandon proposals I supported when I did not feel there was adequate community consensus.

Owen