[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jan 23 18:21:36 EST 2012

On Jan 23, 2012, at 5:11 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> I'm encouraging competing proposals, proposals that my have entirely
> different language altogether. Operating in the current realm, and as
> you describe, is limiting. This topic is important enough where folks
> should not feel constrained by the PDP.

Acknowledged.  The AC is always free to consider policy proposals, even
those which take an different direction or those that are predicated on
changing policy language that would become effective with adoption of
Recommended Draft Policy 2011-1.

> Operating in the current realm, and as you describe, is limiting. This
> topic is important enough where folks should not feel constrained by
> the PDP.

I wasn't aware of any constraints expressed (other than not changing
2011-1 while its presently in consideration by the ARIN Board); if you
feel there are other constraints in the way, please let me know I will
be happy to look into them.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran