[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jan 20 13:59:54 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Chris Grundemann
<cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 23:34, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> I personally like the part where Scott Leibrand stands up after most
>> AC meetings and says, "These were the most telling factors for me in
>> each of the drafts we considered and that's why I voted as I did." If
>> I was king for a day, his voice wouldn't be a lonely one.
>
> Scott does indeed do a wonderful job elucidating his arguments. Many
> AC members believe that their job is to judge community consensus,
> rather than to drive it.

Chris,

The beauty of Scott's method is that it does not drive the consensus.
When Scott explains himself, the consensus has already been tallied
and the vote already taken. Yet his explanations make it clear that he
listened and usually that he understood what folks were saying.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004