[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal -- Normalize Free pool and Transfer justification periods

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sun Jan 15 23:43:02 EST 2012

On 1/16/2012 4:08 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> This is about reducing the skew of runout date amongst the different registries in order to reduce the harmful effects of asymmetrical runout on the global internet as a whole.

i think that the above concern is outside the domain of responsibility
of a 501(c)(6). i'm not going to say whether i think asymmetric runout
is or is not good for the world. i will say that no 501(c)(6) can be an
activist championing causes considered to be controversial among the
industry we serve in the region we serve.

please let policies be justified on a basis compatible with our charter,
our mission statement, and our corporate status.

paul vixie
trustee, arin