[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jan 12 17:09:46 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 14:30, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's not a lot more to be said about what has transpired with
>> regards to this proposal. The AC is effectively paralyzed with regards
>> to 2011-1. I believe that lack of transparency on ARIN's part has
>> brought us to where we are today with this.
>
> I disagree with this characterization of the AC's current status
> regarding this draft policy. The majority of the AC believes that we
> have a workable policy with substantial community support. This is why
> it was recommended to the BoT for adoption.

Chris,

Following the end of the bulk of the debate over draft 2011-1 on or
about November 7, 9 people offered statements of opposition while only
8 offered statements of support. I know of no definition of consensus
in which the simple majority of respondents can be opposed.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004