[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jan 12 17:07:15 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> There's no reason why policy modifications can't be submitted between
>>> now and Vancouver.
>>
>> During the last call debate, the majority of your Advisory Council
>> colleagues were not interested in considering further changes to the
>> draft regardless of the severity of the defects. You were 1 voice in
>> 15. If 7 more are ready to address the defects, let's hear them speak.
>
> There's not a lot more to be said about what has transpired with
> regards to this proposal. The AC is effectively paralyzed with regards
> to 2011-1. I believe that lack of transparency on ARIN's part has
> brought us to where we are today with this.

Hi Marty,

If the AC was prepared to facilitate it, I'd be perfectly willing to
spearhead an alternate proposal that could be considered in parallel
with 2011-1 in Vancouver. The concerns for a 2011-1-like proposal have
been pretty thoroughly aired so it shouldn't be impossible to
incorporate the ones which wouldn't block all possibility of an
inter-region transfer process. And let the draft with the strongest
consensus win.

Still, I want to hear from others on the AC first. The Lucy with the
football act during 2011-1 last call did not leave me disposed to
invest the time.

> I don't have a suggestion for you other than to perhaps assemble a
> group of like-minded individuals who are willing to work together
> openly and honestly and put forward something that might be
> supportable by the community.

Find me 7 more AC members or 9 more PPML subscribers willing to
petition an alternate proposal on to Vancouver's agenda and I'll spend
the effort it takes to produce a clear and concise proposal that
broadly incorporates the 2011-1 dissenters' views.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004