[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:30:59 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>>> I submit that
>>> 2011-1 as written violates fundamental expectations of any fair and
>>> equitable industry self-regulation.
>>
>> There's no reason why policy modifications can't be submitted between
>> now and Vancouver.
>
> Hi Marty,
>
> During the last call debate, the majority of you Advisory Council
> colleagues were not interested in considering further changes to the
> draft regardless of the severity of the defects. You were 1 voice in
> 15. If 7 more are ready to address the defects, let's hear them speak.

There's not a lot more to be said about what has transpired with
regards to this proposal. The AC is effectively paralyzed with regards
to 2011-1. I believe that lack of transparency on ARIN's part has
brought us to where we are today with this.

I don't have a suggestion for you other than to perhaps assemble a
group of like-minded individuals who are willing to work together
openly and honestly and put forward something that might be
supportable by the community.

Best,

-M<