[arin-ppml] 2011-7 Status FAIL

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Tue Feb 28 21:01:53 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm fine with "If an organization fails to respond within thirty (30)
> days, ARIN may cease providing reverse DNS services to that organization."

If I were supreme dictator of the Internet, I would simply return PTR
records like "THIS-IP-ADDRESS-SPACE-IS-STALE-OR-HIJACKED-VISIT-WWW.ARIN.NET"

Simply making reverse DNS fail may not attract the attention of
organizations that simply haven't done a good job of updating their
resource records.

$0.02.
--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts