[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification on 8.3 Specified Transfers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 23 19:43:46 EST 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, at 1:47 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Vixie:
>> vigorous reassertion is not considered proof in this forum.
>
> De Long:
>
>> 2.	Legacy blocks are not transferable in the ARIN registry without
>> 	compliance with ARIN policy.
>
> [Milton L Mueller] Where is Vixie when we need him?

First, Milton, the name is DeLong, not De Long.

Second, can you cite a single instance, event, or occurrence which contradicts my statement?

Note that I specifically limited the scope to transfers recorded in the ARIN registry. Alleged transfers not involving the ARIN registry are out of scope of the discussion and YMMV whether such transfers actually have the intended effect or not. To the best of my knowledge, ARIN will not record a transfer that does not comply with ARIN policy. The CEO has stated such on this list many times. If you know of circumstances where ARIN staff has performed a transfer in contradiction to ARIN policy, I would certainly like to know about it and ask Mr. Curran to explain the situation.

Owen