[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 17 19:52:12 EST 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 5:29 PM, Astrodog wrote:

> Also, I am not sure if STLS listing exempts an organization from the
> needs test under 8.3 (as they a test was already performed to get on
> the list in the first place) or if a needs test is performed for the
> transfer in addition to the test performed for listing on STLS?
> Perhaps someone here can offer some clarification?

A recipient goes through the needs-assessment as part of the listing
process. They do not have to undergo a second assessment when submitting
a subsequent transfer request as long as it is for an address block no
larger than their qualification.  In this manner, a seller can have
confidence that an appropriately sized transfer to the recipient will
be promptly completed.

Note - Use of the specified transfer listing service is completely
optional, and doesn't change policy requirements.  It simply allows
for completing some parts of the process in advance.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO