[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification

jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com
Fri Feb 17 12:32:46 EST 2012

Thank you Paul.  I now understand the specific intent of your question
based on this posting.  You are correct, similar motivation exists for
the Seller based on current policy.  What is missing in the market is
strong demand created by an attractive alternative to free 90-day
allocations based on justified need.  The motivation does not exist to
the extent possible for the buyers under current policy (justification
based on 24 month utilization).  If there is buyer demand, the sellers
will more readily allocate time and resources to transfer their unused
blocks--thereby increasing supply.  So in this instance, our Policy
Proposal seeks to encourage demand which will increase supply of
currently unused IPv4 address blocks. The result should be more
specified transfers and effective allocation of previously unused number
resources.

Jeff Mehlenbacher