[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification

John Springer springer at inlandnet.com
Fri Feb 17 12:22:44 EST 2012

I oppose this proposal. A short comment is below.

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com wrote:

-snippety-

> The current practice of justifying need for
> Specified Transfers is a disincentive for many potential recipient
> organizations to participate in this market.
>
> Jeff

-snip-

I am so glad you said that. It is refreshing to hear such candor. I have
always felt that this is crux of all attempts to remove the needs basis,
whether from allocations, assignments or transfers.

Thank you very much for making my decision so easy.

John Springer