[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification

jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com
Fri Feb 17 10:46:45 EST 2012

Yes, we are part of the Specified Transfer Listing Service and have a
very good grasp on current policy governing 8.3s including the recent
change to demonstrating need based on 24 months rather than 12 months.
Our Policy Proposal seeks to provide the necessary incentive for
Companies with unused IPs to actively put them to use through a transfer
and further seeks to motivate Companies with need to use Specified
Transfer though ARIN.  The current practice of justifying need for
Specified Transfers is a disincentive for many potential recipient
organizations to participate in this market.  Lack of demand directly
affects the freeing of dormant supply.

Jeff