[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification on 8.3 Specified Transfers

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:56:15 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 22:54, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification on 8.3 Specified Transfers
> Eliminating needs-based justification has many benefits so long as all
> transactions continue to flow through ARIN for ratification:

I am opposed to proposals that to do not require the
recipient companies to demonstrate operational need
and planned operational use of the number resources
they wish to acquire.

I am certainly agreeable to review the current need
and planning time frame requirements to make sure
they are still aligned with the real world (as other
proposals are currently doing).  But those do not
change the basic principal of operational need
as it appears that this proposal attempts to do.

Note that I have no objection for independent
"brokers" to exist to find buyers and sellers,
should those entities choose not to avail
themselves of the existing listing services.
However, the recipient of the number
resources in such a completed transaction
should still demonstrate operational need.

Opposed (as written).

Gary