[arin-ppml] Nanog IPV4 Panel Discussion and 8.3 transfers

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Fri Feb 10 13:04:02 EST 2012

Andrew Dul wrote:
> On 2/10/2012 3:11 AM, John Curran wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> I am not sure what the exact policy answer is to this scenario, but
> something seems like it needs to deal with this issue.  Its possible
> this is a corner case which will never occur, but what exists today
> seems like it needs changes to reflect business and contract realities.
>
> Andrew

Perhaps you can share the reasoning you have that causes you to believe
that the courts would desire to enforce a contract between A and B on
party C's property.

Consider how you reasoning changes when either or both of parties A and
B's behavior with regards to C is governed by contract.

The contents of the ARIN database belong to ARIN, who administers the
database in accordance with its governance structure - which defines and
involves community led policy to control the database.

The concern we should all have is that this database not lose any of its
usefulness to us as a community.

Best,

Joe