[arin-ppml] Nanog IPV4 Panel Discussion and 8.3 transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Feb 10 08:32:43 EST 2012

On 2/10/2012 1:11 PM, John Curran wrote:
> The point is that the actual number resources transfer when the policy
> is met, and don't until that time.

If we define "transfer" as "the entry in the ARIN database is changed",
then yes.

If we define "transfer" as "the entity with the legal right to use or
control the use of the numbers changes", not so much.

We don't actually have an ARIN "transfer policy"... we have a set of
rules around which fields in a registration record may be changed by
whom and under what circumstances. In some of the cases, Theseus'
Paradox applies. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus )

Matthew Kaufman