[arin-ppml] IP Address Policy

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Aug 9 21:13:49 EDT 2012

On Aug 9, 2012, at 6:10 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com<mailto:SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com>> wrote:

... I do stand by my original point that it is not reasonable to deny resources solely because of organization size.

Steve -

  May I ask a question about the above point?  If ARIN assigns address space
  in this region to end-users, and an end-user comes to ARIN and requests a /30
  of IPv4 space (based on their actual need), on what basis does ARIN have to
  deny the end-user request if we have the space available and they have a
  bona fide need?

  Is it valid to deny the request because we have community developed and Board
  adopted policy that requires sufficient need to warrant a /24 assignment due to a
  minimum block size in the policy?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran