[arin-ppml] IP Address Policy

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Thu Aug 9 15:45:33 EDT 2012

On 8/9/12 12:18 PM, Steven Ryerse wrote:
> With all due respect bad policies need to be changed.  Policy isn't policy as you say when it is bad policy.  Consensus isn't good when it is wrong.  ARIN does actually have an obligation to me and to you and to Microsoft and to every other member of the Internet community in North America.  Their charter is to serve ALL of us and not just SOME of us.  All of us should be on the same level playing field.  The BGP policy is specifically designed to deny Internet resources based on the size of the requesting organization.  This is absolutely wrong and it is bad policy!

Then propose a policy change. It's not a secret or anything, go read up
and learn how it's done. You can preach all you want on this list but it
won't go anywhere.

> I'm sorry that I appear to be ruffling the feathers of some members of the this community but I will keep on saying that in this forum over and over again until some reason prevails that this is wrong and it needs to be fixed.  I am part of this community too.

Starting out in this community by calling us a "cabal" and yelling at
everyone is, quite frankly, a crap way to start things off. You're
unlikely to get much support that way. You're being far more offensive
than simply "ruffling feathers" with injecting long winded off topic
political BS that is counterproductive to the list's mission.

~Seth