[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-180 ISP Private Reassignment

Chu, Yi [NTK] Yi.Chu at sprint.com
Thu Aug 9 15:24:46 EDT 2012

I understand the concern, I hope.  I do welcome all the comments.

My counter points are
1.  Empirical evidence doesn't suggest whois falling apart because of private registraton.  APNIC has adopted the similar policy since 2004.
2. It is not in the best of interest of ISP to mark all reassignments 'private'.  ISP's would want to have their customers be the first to field those pesky abuse calls.
3. ISP's legal department may not want to it be the POC for a customer unless some legal agreement is signed.

Maybe we can recommend some verbiage that ISP has to sign with the customer for those private reassignments?  That should set up some barriers so not everything becomes private.

yi