[arin-ppml] private whois record

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Aug 8 12:47:55 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Kevin Kargel <kkargel at polartel.com> wrote:
> The Administrative PoC is less important and I see no problem hiding that
> behind an upstream or a legitimate false front, but the NOC and ABUSE PoC's
> need to terminate somewhere that is one degree of separation from someone
> who can actually do something.

I disagree. The administrative POC is every bit as important as the
technical POC. It should terminate with someone qualified and
authorized to accept legal notice on behalf of the individual or
organization holding the addresses.

Part of setting up a lawful false front involves hiring or contracting
such an agent. That agent has duties for which he is liable under
statute and common law... and he charges you for performing them.
Those duties go beyond the lackadaisical response ISPs provide when
someone seeks to serve one of their residential customers.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004