[arin-ppml] private whois record

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:58:42 EDT 2012

On 8/7/12, Chris Engel <cengel at conxeo.com> wrote:
> While I sympathize with Kevin,  but from the standpoint of many
> organizations that (direct contact to an admin)  just doesn't make sense.
> Organizations are generally better off having the listed contact be some
> sort of CSR/answering service type that has their own private
> contact/escalation list of who to call for a given situation. The reason is
[snip]

Listing an admin or technical contact's E-mail address, and the
answering service/NOC phone number is good,   as long as the phone
number is answered by someone literate in the technical language used
by network operators,  with at least a basic understanding of what the
internet is,  and can be used to get at the proper technical contact,
without significant delay.

--
-JH