[arin-ppml] private whois record

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Aug 7 13:01:16 EDT 2012

I see no great problem with private registration so long as there are active
authoritative contacts that can actually do something should a network or
abuse issue occur.  Having an abuse or NOC contact point to someone who can
call someone who knows who to call is unacceptable.  We need to be able to
reach a network administrator directly.

Having said that, if you are operating on the public network and wish to
keep your contact information private then something just doesn't jive.  I
do strongly support transparency.  If you don't want to disclose any
information the solution is simple, don't transact on public networks.

Kevin