[arin-ppml] Statistics for IPv4 Specified Transfers (NRPM 8.3)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Aug 6 16:43:39 EDT 2012

ARIN Community -

Several folks have asked for more statistics regarding specified transfer
request processing.  While we are looking into options for producing such
information via automation, we have manually reviewed the past tickets to
collect the following information:

In 2011, there was a total of 24 Specified Transfers (NRPM 8.3) requested.
Below is the current status:

Total 8.3 transfers       24
Approved                  15
Pending/Abandoned          8
Denied                     1  (request was actually for simple reassignment)

In 2012 through July, there were a total of 19 Specified Transfers (NRPM 8.3)
requested. Below is the current status.

Total of 8.3 transfers    18
Approved                  12
Pending/Abandoned          5
Denied                     1  (duplicate ticket)

Note that "Pending/Abandoned" is a request which lacks sufficient information
from the requestor to process.  These may be still be in progress, or approved
to transfer a lessor amount than requested and then not further pursued by the
requestor.  Note also that some transfer requestors later return with a fully
qualified recipient so that the address block may later be an approved transfer
to another party in these statistics.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran