[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-157 Section 8.3 Simplification

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 22:00:22 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 01:31, Benson Schliesser <bensons at queuefull.net> wrote:
> ARIN is here to serve, not vainly attempt to enforce ideology (or whim). I'd prefer that we just do our job, maintain an accurate registry, and record transfers when they happen.

I would claim that ARIN is here to provide good stewardship of the
resources that have been granted to the region.  I believe good
stewardship goes beyond the simple record keeping that you
seem to suggest ARIN should be limited to performing.  I include
in good stewardship implementing policy such as needs based
allocations/assignments.

Gary