[arin-ppml] CGN multiplier was: RE: Input on an article by Geoff Huston (potentially/myopically off-topic addendum)

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Sep 15 08:42:53 EDT 2011

On 9/15/11 2:15 PM, Lee Dilkie wrote:

> On 9/15/2011 8:07 AM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
>> Bzzt. I am a small company with a dozen PCs and a little router box.
>> No way am I going to colo a server somewhere.
>>
> and you really *need* to be dual homed? why?

Because my local cable provider routinely goes out during power outages
but the DSL provider isn't fast enough?

Because I can only get 1.5 Mbps DSL but that's not enough to get
anything else done while the big downloader is in the office, so I
bought two 1.5 Mbps DSL circuits?

Either way, I want to be able to do this, run down to the local retailer
and buy a router that supports it, and plug it in.

With IPv4, I can do that today. (And both ISPs support IPv4, too!)

Matthew Kaufman